Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday…
I woke up feeling sick and lazy
The street was gloomy and very dark
the sky was grey and dull,
The people are rushing and stressed
The rain pours down on my face as I race to the classroom.

Today
I woke up feeling fantastic and energetic
The street was upbeat and sunny
The sky was blue and bright,
The people are strolling and relaxed
The sun shines down on my face as I amble to the classroom.

We read the poem 'Two Day Wonder' by David Hill and looked at how he used juxtaposition to show the difference between a day where you feel sick and a day where you feel well. To show our understanding of juxtaposition we created our own poems that show the difference between today and yesterday. We used synonyms and word clines to help us find powerful words that paint a picture in your head when you are reading our poem. I liked searching for synonyms because it helped me to see how different words mean the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment